Just two weeks before, Samsung seemed set on simplifying its smartwatch lineup with Samsung Galaxy Watch 5. Samsung Galaxy Watch 5. It would not be a Galaxy Watch 5 Classic, and instead, we’d get an ordinary and a Pro model.
In the past, I posted that it could be a simple branding exercise and that the rotating bezel, which is a fan-favourite feature and Samsung USP, could be considered safe. It appears now that Samsung might not be planning to streamline the product line at all since GalaxyClub is reported to have uncovered three codes and model numbers that suggest Samsung will launch three different wearables later in the year.
The first is Heart-S which has the model number SM-R90X. It’s the least compact of the three and has dimensions between 40mm and 42mm, probably making it the next version of the original Galaxy Watch 4. The Heart-L (also known as SM-R91X) is a bit larger at 44mm and a bit bigger at 46mm. It’s akin to the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic’s successor.
The Heart-Pro also comes with the model number SM-922X and will likely only be available in one dimension. It’s not clear what size; however, given that we’ve been told that the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro will feature a huge 572mAh battery, I’m guessing that it will be at least 48mm in size and possibly greater.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
If there are 3 watches, as codes and model numbers suggest, it is unlikely that Samsung will ditch the Classic to make way for the new fifth version of Galaxy Watches. What is why the report earlier suggested that the company would be doing exactly this?
One way to square the circle of two contradictory claims is to assert that there are three watches. However, Samsung’s Galaxy Watch 5 Classic isn’t one of them because it’s named something other than identical, or Samsung has created something entirely new and unique.
But it doesn’t work as the original SamMobile release was very clear: “Samsung will launch two versions of its forthcoming smartwatches: Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.” It’s not only that the Classic wasn’t mentioned — there was a third option that was specifically left out.
One of these reports is likely to be proven incorrect later in the year. If Samsung remains true to its previous release dates for wearables, we’ll know which one in August, in which case Galaxy Watch 5 is expected to launch. Galaxy Watch 5 will likely be released along with Galaxy Z Fold 4, the Galaxy Z Fold 4, and Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Today's best Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro deals
SAMSUNG Galaxy Buds Live True Wireless Earbuds US Version Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Charging Case Included, Mystic Bronze
About this item
- SOUND THAT ROCKS: The AKG-tuned 12mm speaker and enhanced bass tone play everything in studio-quality sound.
- NEW STYLE, NEW SOUND: Equal parts earbuds and ear bling, Galaxy Buds Live come in 3 colors you’ll want to rock all day.
- TURN DOWN DISTRACTIONS: Turn on Active noise cancellation to block out background noise on an airplane, train or bus.
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY: Long-lasting battery life with a case that doubles as a wireless charger.
- ALWAYS-ON ASSISTANCE: Use your always-on voice Assistant to order coffee, send a message or search music, hands free.
- Features including Active Noise Canceling are enabled through Bluetooth connection or the Galaxy Wearable app on Android, available through Google Play Store.
- Battery power consumption depends on usage patterns and results may vary. Earbud Dimension (W x H x D)-1 x 0.6 x 0.5 inches. Case Dimension (W x H x D)-1.9 x 1.9 x 1 inches
- Product compatible with Android 5.0 , 1.5GB / iPhone 7 , iOS 10
SAMSUNG Galaxy Buds 2 True Wireless Earbuds Noise Cancelling Ambient Sound Bluetooth Lightweight Comfort Fit Touch Control US Version, Olive Green
About this item
- Your Ears Never Had It So Good: Galaxy Buds2 ear buds take your passion for music to new heights with booming sound that makes you feel like you’re on stage with your favorite band
- Tune Out Noises, Tune In Voices: Active Noise Cancellation blocks out unwanted sounds, helping you keep your focus wherever you are; Low latency Ambient Sound mode picks up the sounds you want to hear, so you always have the perfect audio level for every moment
- Feels Good While Looking Good: Galaxy Buds2 have a comfortable, low profile design that’s 10% smaller and lighter than Galaxy Buds Plus; You may get to the end of your playlist before you remember you’re wearing them at all
- Hear Clearly, Speak Confidently: The earbuds’ 3 microphones and noise reduction technology ensures voices are transmitted crisply and clearly, whether you’re chatting with a friend or leading a high stakes conference call
- Power Worthy of Your Longest Playlist: Indulge your love of music with a long-lasting battery that’s up to the job — so your music doesn’t stop until you do
- Tap for Total Control: Control your playlist or answer calls with the tap of a finger with touch control — no more fumbling for your phone to change a song
- Switch It Up: With Auto Switch, the earphones detect what connection you need and instantly shifts audio to that Galaxy device; Shift effortlessly between your Galaxy phone, tablet, watch, or PC